Thank you for your interest in our 52nd Annual MHS Second House Museum Craft Fairs. These much-anticipated, premier craft events provide a favorite destination among Montauk locals and visitors alike. Located a block from the Atlantic Ocean at the entrance to Montauk’s downtown area, our spacious grounds offer ample free parking and the backdrop of historic Second House and Barn. It is no wonder that the Second House Craft Fairs are the highlight of the summer season. This year’s dates are July 8 & 9, August 12 & 13, and a September 9 & 10.
Our fee for each 2-day show for a 10′ x 10′ space is $275, payable in full prior to July 1st for the July show, prior to August 5th for the August show, and prior to September 2nd for the September show. SPACES NOT PAID IN FULL BY THESE DATES WILL BE CHARGED AN ADDITIONAL $50.00 ON SET-UP DAY. As a special incentive to our crafting community, all three shows, if paid by July 1st, are discounted from $825 to $750.00.
For the two weeks prior to the show, we blitz local newspapers and magazines east of Westhampton with advertising in the Southampton and East Hampton Press, the East Hampton Star, the Sag Harbor Express and local radio, WLNG 92.1. The station runs 6 spots a day for the two weeks before and on the weekend of the events. Additionally, MHS has an established social media presence and will be posting about the shows on Instagram and Facebook. We will be listed in local calendars as well as with the Montauk Chamber of Commerce.
Last year, the Montauk Historical Society had thousands of visitors to our website and we look forward to promoting our Craft Show participants by including your contact information and website link for a full year so that buyers can find you and make further purchases.
Montauk is now one of the top destinations in the country for summer day trippers and tourism. We are grateful that YOU, our crafters, have made us one of the best craft shows on the East Coast and we look forward to your continued support by joining us to showcase your creativity and expertise.
Jessica James, Second House Committee Chair
Beth Sporing, Craft Fair Coordinator
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call Beth on (516) 655-1256
Rules for 2023
- Applications must be accompanied by payment in full.
- If you are a new vendor, your application must include (4) uploaded photos of your work including your display. Your photos must depict a reasonable representation of the items you will be selling. Your payment will be returned if your application is not accepted.
- The work of only one crafter may be displayed in each assigned booth space, with the exception of craft collaborators. Craft collaborators who produce a single product may qualify as a single exhibitor, in which case the team must be clearly noted on the application. Cooperatives, guilds and craft societies will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and may require two or more booth spaces. Unique merchandise that does not fit into a standard category will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- All developing and printing of images must be done by the craft person or under the direct supervision of the crafter.
- Your customers expect to deal directly with the makers of quality craftwork, therefore, buy/sell vendors are prohibited and agents and dealers are prohibited. Merchandise will not be permitted if it is created by mass-produced, commercial methods. The Event Director reserves the right to remove any non-approved merchandise from the show.
- Tax forms: The Certificate of Authority DTF-17 (resale license) is required by the State of New York and may be ordered from www.tax.ny.gov
At the Event
- The crafter must be present both days of the event. No exceptions.
- Upon arrival, check in at the table on the porch of the Second House with a photo I.D. to confirm your booth space assignment. Exhibitors may set up on Friday. A map with booth space assignments will be on porch of the Second House. NO SPACES MAY BE CHANGED except by the Event Director. Craft Show representatives will be on site Saturday morning.
- Booth numbers are displayed in the center of your space which is approx. 10’ x 10’. Booth space requests are given every consideration. Final assignments, however, are made at the discretion of the Event Director.
- Parking for vendors is on the grass lot west of the house (West Parking Lot). Please NO PARKING on Montauk Highway; that is reserved for your customers. Parking is free. Observe all town parking signs. Montauk Historical Society is not responsible for tickets issued by Town police.
- Exhibitors must be set up by 9:30 am on show days. All vehicles must be off the show grounds by 9:30 am and then moved to the West Parking Lot. Absolutely no parking near the barn or house. No vehicles are allowed back on the show grounds until the end of show each day. PARKING RULES ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
- The show hours are Saturday 10 am – 6 pm and Sunday 10 am – 5 pm. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO STAY THE ENTIRE TIME. On Sunday we are open for business until 5 pm and breakdown may not begin before that time.
- For the safety of all patrons please do not add sandwich boards or additional displays outside of your booth. The booth areas must look professional at all times. Craftwork and storage must be maintained within the assigned booth space. No animals are allowed in or around the crafters’ booths.
- Crafters must maintain their booth for the entire event. If merchandise sells out, vendors can maintain the booth with one or more of the following: displaying portfolio pictures and/ or showroom samples, or by retaining sold work for delivery after the event. ANYONE CLOSING THEIR BOOTH PRIOR TO THE END OF THE SHOW WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO RETURN THE NEXT DAY OR FOR SUBSEQUENT SHOWS.
- Exhibitors should be prepared with plastic covers and secure tent weights. This is an outdoor show. There will be no cancellation of show due to weather. Refunds will not be given for any reason.